We’re a virtual reality (VR) game development studio that’s creating the next generation of online social gaming. Our exclusive partnership with PokerStars (the world’s largest poker site) has propelled our debut game (PokerStars VR) to becoming one of the most popular multiplayer games in VR.
Originally based in Toronto, our team has adopted remote working for the future. As we continue to grow rapidly, we’re looking for talented people to help make our ambitions a reality. If you’re passionate about gaming and VR, we’d be delighted to hear from you!
We are looking for a creative and highly motivated Technical Artist to join our team. You will be building the cutting edge in online multiplayer casino games across multiple platforms (Desktop VR, Mobile VR, Console VR). You will deliver visually impressive moments that positively influence gameplay and enhance the player experience.
- Collaborate with the core team to understand the overall creative vision and establish visual effect priorities.
- Create environment and cinematic effects using particle systems and textures you produce.
- Partner with programmers to assess needs and develop tools.
- Work within technical constraints to craft attractive and functional effects.
- Integrate your created VFX into the engine.
- Develop effects based on play test results and comments from cross-functional team members (debug and optimize).
- Adapt to feedback received from the community after live launch (in some cases), balancing expectations with limitations.
- Demonstrable experience in Real-Time VFX authoring (Either Unity or Unreal), Particle Effects, Shockwaves, Sparks, Splashes Etc.
- Performance-minded content creation suitable for VR or mobile platforms.
- At least 3 years of experience in modelling, texturing, lighting, image processing, or related experience
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop), compositing software (e.g. After Effects or Nuke), 3D software (e.g. Maya or 3DS Max), and game editors (e.g. Unity or Unreal) *
- An understanding of basic vector math and art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, colour theory, etc.)
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- A creative and collaborative spirit
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to onboard and work remotely
- UX design experience
- VR interaction experience
- Unity experience
- Mobile UI experience
- Cross-platform design experience
Lucky VR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply. We value passion and work ethic over years of experience or knowledge of casino games. If you are a talented artist who wants to work on the cutting edge of technology, we want to work with you.