We’re a virtual reality (VR) game development studio that’s creating the next generation of online social gaming. Our exclusive partnership with PokerStars (the world’s largest poker site) has propelled our debut game (PokerStars VR) to becoming one of the most popular multiplayer games in VR.
Originally based in Toronto, our team has adopted remote working for the future. As we continue to grow rapidly, we’re looking for talented people to help make our ambitions a reality. If you’re passionate about gaming and VR, we’d be delighted to hear from you!
We are looking for a creative, versatile and highly motivated Senior Environment Artist to join our team. You will be building the future of online multiplayer casino games across multiple platforms (Desktop VR, Mobile VR, Console VR). You have multiple years of experience with building a diverse variety of beautiful, engaging and optimized environments in the Unity Editor and have an artistic flair and an eye for the spatial, as well as gameplay aspects of multiplayer level design.
- Help to concept, produce and light compelling environments in Unity within production goals, for a live-service online game
- Maintain consistent aesthetic and technical quality for all assets
- Create content, including 3D modeling/sculpting, texture creation, material setup and lighting
- Help define and maintain art production pipelines, tools, and systems to scale assets from high-end PCs to mobile Android VR headsets
- Hands-on experience with Unity
- Portfolio of highly detailed real-time 3D art with a focus on environments
- Proven experience creating a wide variety of environment types eg buildings, cities, natural landscapes etc
- Demonstrable adaptability to different environmental themes with a focus on modern and contemporary but also sci-fi, medieval, space themed and even natural, organic locations
- Possess artistic and technical expertise in scene composition, level design, lighting, and environmental FX (bloom, color adjust, fog, etc)
- Excellent material and texturing skills for realistic art styles using PBR as well as creating more stylized environments suited to mobile
- Great sense of space and ability to take into account player experience, movement, visual composition and the limitations/benefits of VR
- High proficiency with 3DS Max, Substance Painter/ Designer, Photoshop and ZBrush
- Deep understanding of asset optimization challenges/techniques in a shipped product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas as well as give and receive feedback well
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate with others
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, challenging development environment
- Ability to onboard and work remotely
- Strong background in VR or AR
- Strong sense of interior design/decor, architecture and fashion or retail trends
- Experience with Git and/or Plastic
- Experience owning and shipping games across various platforms (e.g., iOS, PlayStation, Xbox, PC, and VR)
- Cross-disciplinary work experience (e.g., graphic design, concepting etc)
- Video editing experience
Lucky VR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply. We value passion and work ethic over years of experience or knowledge of casino games. If you are a talented artist who wants to work on the cutting edge of technology, we want to work with you.