We’re a virtual reality (VR) game development studio that’s creating the next generation of online casino gaming. Our exclusive partnership with PokerStars (the world’s largest poker site) has propelled our debut game (PokerStars VR) to becoming one of the most popular multiplayer games in VR.
Originally based in Toronto, our team has adopted remote working for the future. As we continue to grow rapidly, we’re looking for talented people to help make our ambitions a reality. If you’re passionate about gaming and VR, we’d be delighted to hear from you!
Lucky VR is looking for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer, you will be responsible for the administration of multiple production systems and work with extensible and open systems.
The candidate must be a quick learner and a real problem-solver. They must know how to resolve complex issues and find elegant solutions.
As a Senior Dev Ops Engineer, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Work with the technical director, programmers and QA to ensure the stability and reliability of PokerStars VR
- Configure the backend to deliver the required functionality;
- Deploy and upload configuration data and metadata;
- Work closely with the DevOps team to manage cloud infrastructure
- Adopting SSDLC/DevSecop principle, Work closely with DevOps and Security to develop CICD pipleline/toolchain with integration of SAST/DAST.
- Develop and perform load tests;
- Adapt and improve processes and systems management operations to meet rapidly growing and changing systems and traffic;
- Establish and support the process of compiling, testing and deployment of server applications;
- Participate in on-call rotation support (evening / weekend) with the rest of the team.
- Previous experience in dev ops/live ops, preferably related to the game industry;
- Strong interest in solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, C#, Go);
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP and networking concepts;
- Experience with Chef, Ansible and other configuration management tools;
- Experience with monitoring tools, or time-series databases (Prometheus, InfluxDB, Nagios or others);
- Interest in managing cloud infrastructure on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform or other;
- Experience with Linux;
- Experience with container technology (Docker);
- Experience with container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes, Swarm or others)
- Experience related to web applications with high traffic;
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- Ability to thrive on change and to adapt changing needs and requirements;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Would be considered as strong pluses :
- Experience with online multiplayer game programming;
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply. We value passion and work ethic, so if you are passionate, ambitious and want to work on the cutting edge of technology, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Lucky VR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.