Senior Mobile Game Developer
Lucky VR is a virtual reality (VR) game development studio that’s creating the next generation of online social gaming. Our exclusive partnership with PokerStars (the world’s largest poker site) has propelled our debut game (PokerStars VR) to becoming one of the most popular multiplayer games in VR. We are expanding our reach into non-VR platforms, including cross-play on Mobile.
Originally based in Toronto, our team has adopted remote working for the future. As we continue to grow rapidly, we’re looking for talented people to help make our ambitions a reality. If you’re passionate about gaming and VR, we’d be delighted to hear from you!
Lucky VR is seeking a highly-motivated Senior Mobile Game Developer who will join an in-studio team in the creation and support of our PokerStars VR game Mobile Client, currently in development.
- Design, build, implement, and maintain significant portions of our core game systems and tools across multiple platforms (Desktop VR/non-VR, Mobile, Console VR)
- Contribute creatively by being involved in the design process and proactively prototyping new ideas and solutions
- Assist with build debugging and deployment across all platforms
- Work on a wide variety of features and systems
- Innovating, creating and rapidly prototyping gameplay concepts.
- Creating and/or validating design documents, game balance, core systems and features, prototypes, UI flows, and strategic and meta gameplay specifically for a mobile play space.
- Integrating assets, providing detailed (and proactive) feedback, and taking a hands-on approach to testing, balance, and gameplay.
- Reviewing and balancing implemented features and systems for quality and adherence to the design and business goals of the project.
- Collaborating with the Creative Manager and Lead Designer to iterate and evolve project features, gameplay, and balance on a consistent basis.
- Interacting with the game’s community on its forums and in-game after launch in order to understand their needs and return their passion and support in kind.
- Enhancing studio knowledge of mobile F2P development methodologies and best practices.
- Motivating and inspiring others to generate new ideas/approaches.
- Keeping up-to-date with current and emerging trends in mobile technology and marketplace.
- Applying the suitable game loops to improve the retention
- Working with the Data scientist to define the monetization drivers, then designing additional features or tweaking the recent ones to improve the LTV
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable professional game development experience
- Experience with version control software (Git)
- Experience with rendering, memory and performance optimization
- Experience with game security or cryptography
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in networking and multiplayer concepts
- Fluency in Android Mobile Development
- Experience in Java Mobile Development
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Exhaustive knowledge of mobile and F2P design fundamentals
- Experience in launching a mobile game.
- Participated in the development of games on mobile
- Experience with doing Live-Ops Development for a mobile game.
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to onboard and work remotely
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership with strong personal initiative
- Positive attitude and drive to work in a challenging, highly collaborative team environment
- Passion for playing and making games
We encourage all interested applicants to apply. We value passion and work ethic, so if you are passionate, ambitious and want to work on the cutting edge of technology, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Lucky VR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.