Lucky VR is a virtual reality (VR) game development studio that’s creating the next generation of online casino gaming. Our exclusive partnership with PokerStars (the world’s largest poker site) has propelled our debut game (PokerStars VR) to becoming one of the most popular multiplayer games in VR.
Originally based in Toronto, our team has adopted remote working for the future. As we continue to grow rapidly, we’re looking for talented people to help make our ambitions a reality.
Lucky VR is seeking a highly-motivated Intermediate Game Designer who will join an in-studio team in the creation and support of our Pokerstars VR game, currently in development. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and/or validating design documents, game balance, core systems and features, prototypes, UI flows, and strategic and meta gameplay.
- Integrating assets, providing detailed (and proactive) feedback, and taking a hands-on approach to testing, balance, and gameplay.
- Reviewing and balancing implemented features and systems for quality and adherence to the design and business goals of the project.
- Working with technical, art, audio, and production leads to realize the game design vision in a timely manner and within the constraints of its schedule.
- Collaborating with the Creative Manager and designers to iterate and evolve project features, gameplay, and balance on a consistent basis.
- Interacting with the game’s community on its forums and in-game after launch in order to understand their needs and return their passion and support in kind.
- Enhancing studio knowledge of mobile F2P development methodologies and best practices.
- Motivating and inspiring others to generate new ideas/approaches.
- Keeping up-to-date with current and emerging trends in the mobile marketplace.
- Working as a part of a team of designers or as a sole owner of the design
- Applying the suitable game loops to improve the retention
- Working with the Data scientist to define the monetization drivers, then designing additional features or tweaking the recent ones to improve the LTV
- Coordinating with the marketing team to create additional content that enriches the user experience and monetizes effectively
- Exhaustive knowledge of mobile and F2P design fundamentals
- Participated in the design of at least 3 games on mobile, PC, or Console
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with creating games in the Unity engine
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership with strong personal initiative
- Positive attitude and drive to work in a challenging, highly collaborative team environment
- Passion for playing and making games
- 3-5+ years design experience
We encourage all interested applicants to apply. We value passion and work ethic, so if you are passionate, ambitious and want to work on the cutting edge of technology, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Lucky VR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.