Lucky VR is a virtual reality (VR) game development studio that’s creating the next generation of online social gaming. Our exclusive partnership with PokerStars (the world’s largest poker site) has propelled our debut game (PokerStars VR) to becoming one of the most popular multiplayer games in VR.
Originally based in Toronto, our team has adopted remote working for the future. As we continue to grow rapidly, we’re looking for talented people to help make our ambitions a reality. If you’re passionate about gaming and VR, we’d be delighted to hear from you!
Lucky VR is looking for a Game Director. You define and communicate the high-level vision that shapes the game we produce.
Responsible for setting the overall creative direction, you are happy to jump headfirst into development of the best experience possible for our customers.
You keep everyone’s efforts channeled towards the same goal, the same common vision. You make sure that every choice made throughout production fits the feel of the game and brings its intended experience to life for players across the globe.
- Define a clear, cohesive creative vision for the game and implementing that vision into the game and across our teams.
- Work closely with other core team members to develop their specific parts of the vision + unify your concepts to tie together all design, graphic, narrative, and technical elements.
- Validate the consistency and quality of the game + ensure creative alignment between branding, experience, and strategy.
- Work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously, innovating and iterating on our current social gaming offerings
- Review and discuss production priorities, timelines, and scope with the producer.
- Take responsibility for key performance indicators of the game;
- Be on top of industry trends and the competitive landscape to continually evolve our thinking and product standards;
- Balance direction and hands-on development of creative assets and ensure high-quality execution of all deliverables
- Contribute to studio-level planning for new products
- Collaborates with other team leaders and departments
- Extensive leadership experience in the video game industry (or other relevant experience): you’re a creative leader with a vision for the future of games
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strategic thinking
- Collaborative and open minded, curious and not afraid to push boundaries and explore
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of how to connect a game vision with product execution across gameplay, UX, narrative and brand positioning/marketing
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
- Proficiency using presentation software to explain complex information to non-technical management personnel and other stakeholders
- Experience leading a team in the Games Industry
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
Nice to Have
- Past use of Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative processes a plus
- Previous work within AR/VR is an asset
- Attention to detail\
- Experience with free to play or multiplayer experiences an asset
We encourage all interested applicants to apply. We value passion and work ethic, so if you are passionate, ambitious and want to work on the cutting edge of technology, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Lucky VR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.